If you’re an office manager or HR professional looking to implement desk booking software in your office, you may be wondering how to get your employees on board. After all, any new system requires some level of change, and change can be hard. However, with the right approach, you can help your team see the benefits of desk booking software and get them excited about using it.
Explain the Benefits
The first step in getting employee buy-in for desk booking software is to explain the benefits. Make sure your team understands how desk booking software can make their workday easier and more efficient. Some of the key benefits to highlight include:
- Flexibility: Desk booking software allows employees to choose where they work, which can help improve their work-life balance.
- Collaboration: With desk booking software, employees can easily find and book desks near their colleagues, which can facilitate collaboration and teamwork.
- Productivity: Desk booking software can help eliminate distractions and create a more focused work environment.
- Safety: In the era of COVID-19, desk booking software can aid in maintaining social distancing guidelines and keeping employees safe.
Once you’ve explained the benefits of desk booking software, it’s important to address any concerns your employees may have. Some common concerns include:
- Lack of control: Employees may worry that they won’t be able to choose the workspace they want or that they’ll be stuck in an uncomfortable or unproductive space.
- Difficulty adapting: Some employees may find desk booking software difficult to use or may be resistant to change.
- Privacy: Employees may be concerned about sharing workspaces with colleagues they don’t know well.
To address these concerns, be sure to provide plenty of training and support for your team. Consider offering tutorials, workshops, or one-on-one sessions to help employees get comfortable with the software. You can also address concerns about privacy by allowing employees to choose whether they want to share their workspace with others or not.
Make It Fun
Finally, one of the best ways to get employees excited about desk booking software is to make it fun. Consider hosting a launch event or contest to help build excitement and engagement. You could also offer incentives or rewards for employees who use the software regularly or who provide feedback on how to improve it.
With these tips, you can help your team see the benefits of desk booking software and get them excited about using it. If you’re interested in trying desk booking software for yourself, we recommend checking out Ofisly. Ofisly is an app for workspace booking and office management that makes it easy to manage your office and book desks, company cars, and parking spots in one easy-to-use app. You can try Ofisly for free with a 14-day trial – Get started.